How to Rescue a Wet Phone
Ever dropped your phone in the toilet? Did you run it through the
washing machine, accidently dunked it with you in the swimming pool or
get it beaten by rain? Getting your phone wet may mean that you have
already lost it. However, if you know something about how to deal with
it, chances are you can still rescue your wet phone or tablet.
Now, we will learn something. When your Android, iPhone or other
electronic devices are soaking in the water, do not panic and follow
this guide below.
(Warning: If your device is connected to a wall charger, do no
try to remove it from the water directly. Cut off the main power first
so that you won’t get shocked.)
- Part 1. Guide to Deal with Phone Dropping into Clean Water with Power on
- Part 2. Things You Should NOT Do to Wet Phone
- Part 3. Tips for Recovering Data from Wet Android
Part 1. Guide to Deal with Phone Dropping into Clean Water with Power on
1. Pick out the battery from the phone as soon as you can, or it may cause short circuit.
2. Take out the SIM card and sob it up with tissue. Then, put it in a place where is dry and well ventilated.
3. Blow the wet phone with hairdrier in cold draught for one or two
hours. Then, use fan to blow it for a day. If it doesn’t work, just put
it in a dry and well ventilated place for three day to let it dry. If
you are who know how to take down the device into pieces, you can do it
which will make the phone dry out much faster.
To test whether your device still works, plug it into the charger
without battery after the steps. If it works, you will probably need a
Note: As if your phone drown in water for a long period, and
finish doing the above steps it can’t yet power on. I guess the
mainboard is broken and you should go to maintenance and get it fixed.
Part 2. Things You Should NOT Do to Wet Phone
1. Don’t blow the phone with hot draught or put it in the sun. Otherwise, circuit board may get deformed.
2. Don’t tap the power button to turn off the phone, because it may lead
the phone to short circuit which will ruin the mainboard.
3. Don’t get the phone powered on until you’ve dried the battery and phone at least 24 hours.
4. Don’t tap any key on the phone to avoid short circuit.
Part 3. Tips for Recovering Data from Wet Android
After you have followed the guide of dealing with water damaged phone,
you can try to retrieve your data on such device with the help of
Android Data Recovery which can retrieve your music, photos, videos,
messages, contacts, WhatsApp and so on. You can follow the guide as
Step 1 Connect the phone to the computer and focus on the tips at the
bottom which is displayed as “Android Broken Data Recovery”. Click it
and select the data you want to restore from the phone.
Step 2 Choose a kind of fault type of your device. As your case, I think
you should click “Black screen” which is on the right to try. If it
cannot, go back to click the left one to follow the introduction on the
Note: You can check your device models with pressing the guide in the
middle of the next screen and select the proper version of the Samsung
Step 3 It is necessary to press “Volume down” button, home button and
power button together to go into download mode so that this software can
analyze your device and recover your cellphone.
Step 4 As the results all are listed, it is OK to restore them and save
these files on the computer. Before that, you need to choose a path to
keep those files with clicking “Recover”.
Dropping phone into the water is quite troublesome. Hope the Dos and
Nots introduced in the article above can help you deal with the
situation and keep your phone in good condition again. If you want to
get more tips and tricks on Android phone, always comment and share!…